From consultants, to managers, to key users everyone can learn a little something about production planning. Pick up this book for help in implementing, customizing, and using SAP PPDS in SAP APO to best support your business. Discover how to set up the CIF, transfer master data between SAP APO and SAP ERP, and understand how to customize PPDS to meet the needs of your unique business. This one-stop resource is sure to help you learn everything you need to know about SAP PPDS in SAP APO!
* Configure and use Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (SAP PPDS in SAP APO)
* Enable a data exchange using the Core Interface
* Set up the Planning User Interface, a tool for end users to access planning information through the Planner’s Homepage
* Third edition, updated and revised
Learn all about production planning in SAP PPDS in SAP APO, from basic setup and the planning procedure, to heuristics and pegging.
Go beyond the basics of PPDS with functionality like finite planning, Capable-to-Promise (CTP), and the PP/DS Optimizer.
Tools and Alerts
Learn to use order views, planning boards, the Alert Monitor, and new tools such as the Alternative Planning User Interface.
* CIF monitoring
* SAP APO master data
* PP/DS Optimizer
* Resource Planning Table
* Finite planning
* Multi-resource planning
* Alternative Planning User Interface
* Planning User Interface
* MRP-based scheduling