An efficient and flexible supply chain begins with detailed, high-quality planning. This comprehensive reference shows you how you can optimize your organization’s planning using the cross-enterprise components SAP APO-DP (demand planning) and SAP APO-SNP (inventory planning).
An in-depth overview of SAP APO is quickly followed by a description of the basic principles of demand planning. Then, readers learn all the details of executing the planning process—from selecting and using the right forecasting method to lifecycle planning to adapting master data using the realignment function. The book’s second focus is on inventory planning. Again, readers get a detailed introduction to Customizing techniques and the relevant master data. Then, discover the various planning processes and methods available for successful inventory planning, best practices for a safety stock plan, and how you can optimize your processes using SAP APO-SNP.
The final chapters of this book describe available integration options and the architecture of SAP APO, as well as a suggested process for successful implementation.
- Basic Principles of Demand Planning: Configuring the Administrator Workbench and the Planning Area, Master Data, Planning Books, Advanced Macros
- Implementation of Demand Planning: Forecasts, Forecast Quality, Lifecycle, Promotion, and Collaborative Demand Planning, BOMs
- Basic Principles of Inventory Planning: Configuration, Master Data, Production Process Model, Production Data Structure, Transportation Lane
- Implementation of Inventory Planning: Heuristic, Optimization, Capable-to-Match, Deployment, Transport Load Builder
- Integration and Architecture: Plug-Ins, CIF, BAPI, Integration with SAP NetWeaver BI, Sizing, liveCache
- Implementation Process: ASAP, SAP Solution Manager, Project Organization