“Don’t talk to strangers; if only data security policies were this easy. Learn to keep your SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence data truly safe from unauthorized actions with this comprehensive guide. Begin with security basics and work your way to advanced concepts; along the way, you’ll explore functional and data security, define a rights model, and secure data sources and universes. Step-by-step instructions ensure that you can implement important security techniques in your administration and design work. This book puts the master key to data security in your hands.
1. Best Practices Unveiled Implement a security system that is easy to understand, use, and enhance by using basic workflows.
2. Rights Framework Put the rights framework to work for you using group and folder inheritance and custom access levels.
3. Specific Rights Explore the specific rights of system and content objects stored in the CMS repository, as well as BI 4.0 suite applications.
4. Universe Security Compare security features of universes created with Universe Design Tool side by side with its successor, Information Design Tool.
5. SAP NetWeaver BW, LDAP, and Active Directory Learn how to secure your SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 system using external authentication systems and data sources.
- SAP NetWeaver BW, LDAP, and Active Directory authentication
- Single sign-on
- Rights framework and inheritance model
- Access levels
- General and specific rights
- Secured connections
- Universe security
- Access restriction
- Data and business security profile
- Scheduling, publications, and personalization profile