This book provides you with a detailed, how-to guide for using SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW) 7.x and the BEx tools to generate enterprise reports. It will teach you how to design and distribute effective, attractive reports that meet critical business objectives.
1. When, Why, and How to Use BEx Reporting Understand the common business scenarios and problems associated with reporting with SAP NetWeaver BW and learn how reporting can be used to avoid problems.
2. Retrieving Data from SAP NetWeaver BW 7.x Learn how to retrieve data, prepare the data, and present the data for reporting and enterprise-wide distribution.
3. Building Effective BW Queries Explore the basic process for creating a query from scratch using the BEx Query Designer, which is a critical component in the foundation of a quality business intelligence user experience.
4. Providing Queries to Your Users Discover different avenues for delivering BW queries to users, including SAP-delivered web templates, custom web templates, or the BEx analyzer Excel interface.
5. Running Queries in Excel Learn how users can run BW reports directly in Microsoft Excel using SAP’s BEx analyzer tool, and how Excel workbooks can be customized to improve productivity.
- BEx Analyzer
- BEx Query Designer
- BEx vs. SAP BusinessObjects
- BEx Web Application Designer
- BW Web API Commands
- Drag and Drop Navigation
- Knowledge Management Integration
- Nesting Web Items
- Query Navigation in Excel
- Usability Tips
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Web Templates