Most application developers, IT specialists, and business process experts are already aware that SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer is the new standard for modelling and designing business applications. This much-anticipated new book is a benchmark work, providing readers with comprehensive, in-depth coverage of all aspects of Visual Composer.
First, the authors introduce you to model-driven development, highlighting the various tools that are at your disposal. Then, you’ll learn the ins and outs of the Visual Composer architecture—including details on all available elements. Significant differences between the current version, SAP Visual Composer for NetWeaver 2004s, and previous releases are explained clearly. You’ll be able to take full advantage of the vast capabilities of Visual Composer as you build your own analytical applications using the authors’ practical expert advice.
In addition, an entire chapter is dedicated to the advantages of the BI Kit and its tools. You’ll also learn about development lifecycle aspects, get tips and tricks on configuration settings and known limitations, and discover analytical applications—plus key insights on their utilization.
- Overview and comparison of SAP development tools
- Introduction to terminology and concepts of model driven development
- Details on all Visual Composer elements: components, connectors, operators, UI controls
- Building applications with Visual Composer using data services, different views, layers, wizards, eventing, web services, etc.
- Building analytical applications using the BI Kit and related tools
- Lifecycle aspects: transporting, upgrading, localization, versioning, personalization
- Business scenarios with Enterprise SOA
- Best practices for configuration settings, modelling issues, limitations